- Senior Feed Balancer includes the scientifically recommended rate of glucosamine in a daily quantity of feed to help maintain mobility. This rate is 10 grams of glucosamine/500kg horse/day.
- Senior Feed Balancer is a very palatable ‘Non-Heating’ feed that contains several supplements which provide the levels of micronutrients and digestive aids normally only found in high quality specialised supplements. When Senior Feed Balancer is fed there is therefore no need to add any further supplements.
- Feeding Senior Feed Balancer helps to maintain muscle development, topline, and condition, these often start to decline as horses age.
- The superb specification allows elderly horses to utilise far more nutrients from the forage and straights in their diet in exactly the same way as Comprehensive Feed Balancer, which usually means that their hard feed intake can be reduced with many resulting benefits. When horses eat more forage and less hard feed, previously loose droppings usually firm up very well.
- Senior Feed Balancer is ideal for elderly horses unable to chew optimum levels of forage. When mixed with soaked TopSpec High Fibre Mash or TopSpec FibrePlus Cubes a superb complete feed is formed, replacing all forage if necessary.
- It is also beneficial for elderly horses suffering from stress e.g. during changes in routine, given less than ideal turnout time, losing a companion, recovering from illness, after worming and during or after a course of antibiotics.